The work on this version started in September 2017 so I'm pretty happy to finally have this published.
The changelog is pretty thorough but the main highlights are:
- whitespace handling
- default arguments for macros
- tests, global functions calls and macro calls are now expressions and can be combined like so: if x is divisibleby(2) and x > 10
I am satisfied with the current feature set of Tera and am not planning to do significant changes to the template language itself, which brings us to a 1.0!
I expect most of the changes until then to happen to the Rust side:
- ergonomics improvement: I'm pretty happy with it so would welcome other viewpoints
- template rendering performance improvement (reducing the number
- look into the benefits of failure and whether it's worth moving from error-chain (no at a first glance)
- try to get something like streamable templates in or wait if it would be nicer when generators are stable
- look into https://github.com/Keats/tera/issues/219
If you think you can help with any of the points above, please leave a comment on the associated issue or create a new one.